Saturday, September 30, 2023

SoSS #244 - X is for Xanadu


Greetings and salutations snarky friends.

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

X is for Xanadu

I gotta admit, I was at a loss on this one. When I think Xanadu, I think Olivia Newton John and roller skating...but then I googled the meaning and got this:

Xanadu • \ZAN-uh-doo\ • noun: an idyllic, exotic, or luxurious place

For me, my happy place, is camping. We currently have a travel trailer that is parked at a seasonal site...it has a fridge, microwave, furnace, running water, full bathroom and air conditioning, that's pretty luxurious camping.

I grew up camping in a tent trailer with my family, to me that is the most idyllic way to camp because I have the best memories.

You might notice one consistency in the 3 cards, mosquitoes! Not only are they essential for camping, they are one of the only things I am allergic to...so I am a benadryl camper..lol...never leave home without it!

So here's what I came up with for the challenge:




Shite I used to make these cards:
  • White cardstock (Recollections)
  • Camp Happy Bear and Happy Trails collections (Simple Stories)
As always we would love for you to join the sisterhood and play along.

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG.

While you are there, please share some crafty love with our reigning Queen of Snark and the rest of the sisterhood.

This is going to be our last SoSS challenge for 2023. 
Edna and the Sisterhood are going to take a much needed (and deserved) break for the next few months.

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant cards. I fancy a little time in the great outdoors myself, Jo x

Chris Dring said...

I miss camping! We used to tent camp a lot before we adopted Colby. Would love to again, but I'll admit that this old body can't handle the tent anymore. Glamping like you do, though, I could handle that! LOL! These cards are all amazing!