Greetings & salutations snarky friends!!
Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!
If you think Edna is looking a little rough - have no fear, she is just embracing the undead, brain-eating zombie side of her lovely self, and she would like you to do the same and play along with our Z for Zombies challenge!
My all time favourite zombie related stamps come from the talented and lovely Jessa Feig, creator of Useless Trinkets digital stamps. Jessa offers up all of her awesome cute and creepy creations for free!
I made two cards for the challenge...
The first one is what I imagine my skinny pig would look like as a zombie, if he stopped eating carrots and started eating brains.
OK mostly I wanted to share a picture of my totes adorbs skinny pig...here he is, HRH (His Rodent Highness) Prince Harry.
In case you are not familiar with skinny pigs, or house hippos as they are sometimes called, he is basically a high maintenance (like super high maintenance) guinea pig with no hair other than the tuft on his nose and a little bit on his ears and toes...otherwise he is totally bald...awwwwww...poor little naked skinny pig!
ACK - I can hardly stand the cuteness of this snuggly little meat potato!!
And here is what I imagine he would look like as a cartoon zombie...
Ok for real - this is the original card I made using the zombie librarian with the "I Read Dead People" sentiment.
I based her colouring and outfit very loosely on Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas.
If you haven't, you really need to check out Jessa's Useless Trinkets creations, they work soooo well for this challenge - (hint hint).
Shite I used to make this card:
- White cardstock (Recollections)
- Zombie hamster (or skinny pig in my case) digital stamp and sentiment (Useless Trinkets)
- Zombie Librarian digital stamp and sentiment (Useless Trinkets)
- Fandango Pink, Lime Sorbet, Cloud Nine Grey, Sunset Orange, Rambunctious Red, Petal Pink, Key Lime, Yellow Blaze and Stone Grey markers (Bic)
- Phthalo Blue and Prussian Blue sketch markers (American Crafts)
- Haunted Manor design paper (Doodlebug Design Inc.)
- Black cardstock (Recollections)
- Spiderweb embossing folder (Tim Holtz)
As always we would love for you to join the sisterhood and play along.
You can find all the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG.
While you are there, please share some crafty love and comments with our reigning Queen of Snark and the rest of the sisterhood!