Tuesday, February 16, 2021

SOS #439 - It's All About Family

 

Greetings & salutations crafty friends!

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH.

Over the last year or so we have been spending much more time at home and with our families.

Where I live, yesterday, Feb 15 was Family Day...which has been Provincial holiday since 2008 and coincidentally always means I have a long weekend close to my birthday!

For this challenge our crew is celebrating families and we hope you will play along!

For my family, growing up and now, we have always played a lot of games, board games, card games.

Even now a visit to my parents guarantees a rousing game of Wizard, what my mum calls "How Big Is Yours" (it's actually called What's Yours Like) or a dice game I am pretty sure my dad made up!

With my hubby and son, we play a lot of Settlers of Catan (my fave) so please note that a 7 has been rolled on the dice, that means I am moving the robber to steal one of your cards!

Yep, we are a bit competitive when it comes to games! Don't even get me started on playing a game of spoons!


Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Recollections)
  • Family Night design paper (Carta Bella)
  • Family Night element stickers (Carta Bella)
  • Foam tape (Dollar Tree)
As always, we would love for you to join our crew and play along.

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOG.

While you are there, please share some crafty comments and love with the rest of the crew.

4 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Great card, fab. paper, it's so nice when families play board games, my daughter and her boys play D&D every Saturday, I love scrabble and had a weekly visit with a neighbour and we played (had lunch and chocolate squares (now called nanimo bars) I also like playing cribbage, when I can find a player. Anyhoo great card design!!

lauren bergold said...

what an awesome card, and i love the personalization for the various games! that cool CB set is great as well, it's the PERFECT for this challenge!

Chris Dring said...

LOL! You and I had the same idea when we picked what papers to use! You card is all kinds of awesome!

Chana Malkah said...

I love the paper and I love the theme! Great card!