Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Shopping Our Stash #430 - On Trend - Slimline


Greetings and salutations crafty friends!

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH.

Seems like everyone is making slimline cards recently - there are even dies and stencils specifically designed for them.

So we are jumping on the bandwagon and making slimline cards for this challenge.

Meh - I could take or leave them (ya it was me that picked the challenge theme LOL).
I don't really like making this size of card, maybe it's the cheapness in me that thinks this is a colossal waste of paper for the sake of fitting a card in a cheaper envelope...I don't get it...anywho...it was my bright idea...so I made one...here it is:


Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Recollections)
  • Oh Happy Day design paper (Simple Stories)
  • Oh Happy Day Bits and Pieces (Simple Stories)
  • Scalloped border punch (Fiskars)
  • Foam dots (Dollar Tree)
As always, we would love for you to join our crew and play along.

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOG.

While you are there, please share some crafty love and comments with the rest of the crew.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Too funny! think of the $$ you'll save by not buying all the trendy slimline dies, though. ;) As for the card - it's a lot of fun! Also, looking at your design - it _is_ a way to use up some 12x12 papers, hmm...

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Well, Donna, I love this challenge, teammie, it's a great change from the usual rectangle cards and you can fit a lot of awesome things on the panel.
I love your little cactus DSP and the cute one on the pot, the sentiment is so punny, LOL!!
Awesome card.
Maria.