Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Shopping Our Stash #412 - Winter Blues


Greetings and salutations crafty pals!

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH.

Yours truly is hosting the challenge and our theme is Winter Blues.

That means we want to see something winter related on your project or you can use predominantly blue.

I went with mostly blue and made a few mini albums with the Home Again collection by Carta Bella.

I started with THIS YOUTUBE TUTORIAL and within a day I had made ***gasp*** six mini albums. I also scored seven more to make a few Christmas themed ones...yep I am THAT kind of crafter...tad obsessive perhaps??

Anywho, I am finding these mini albums are a great way to use a stashed kit and goodness knows I have a LOT of those!

Because I am a rebel, I deviated from the tutorial quite a bit.
She started with two sheets of 12 x 12 paper, I started with one.
I thought matting each page was a waste of paper, so instead I made pockets that you could pop pictures or other mementos into.

Here are the three I made for this challenge:


I made the one on the left first, so I will show you what that looks like when it flips open.

Here's the cover:


The cover flips up and you get these two pages:


Lastly the bottom flap on the picture above flips open and you get these three pages.

The blue checked paper is popped up on three sides with foam tape to create little pockets.


Seriously, give the tutorial a go, they are super fun to make and once you've done one and got the feel for it, you can bang em out any ole way you like!

Shite I used to make these mini albums:

  • Home Again design paper, element stickers, chipboard accents, frames & tags (Carta Bella)
  • Corner rounder punch (SU)
  • Foam tape (Dollar Tree)
As always, we would love for you to join our crew and play along!

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOG.

While you are there, please share some crafty love and comments with the rest of the crew.

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Cute mini album, I've never made one so the tutorial will come in handy, great use of the papers.

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhh my gosh these are SO COOL and so clever! & here i just thought you had made a beautiful WINTER BLUES card! ♥♥♥

Chana Malkah said...

What a clever little crafter you are! I love your mini albums and I agree that they are a great way to reduce stash! I was thinking that they would be great as "after" gifts...like after a family reunion, you could send these to family members with a picture of your favorite picture taken with them! Nice project and beautifully done!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah

Dotty Jo said...

A-dorabbuble work, Donna! Jo x

Chris Dring said...

These mini albums are so cute! And go you for putting a (small) dent in your paper stash!