It's Tuesday, that means it's time for a new SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge.
This week the SOS crew want to see something Western (US Western) on your project: cowfolk, horses, cowboy boots etc.
For me, Western themes always bring to mind Home on the Range, which after all IS known as the "unofficial anthem of the West."
So that was my inspiration for my card, specifically the line...where the deer and the antelope play (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!)
Here's my card for the challenge:
I wanted the deer to look a little distressed (after all maybe his head is hanging on someone's wall somewhere, that is certainly distressing!!)so after I heat embossed him I gave a good old rub down with the sanding block and then some Frayed Burlap distress ink.
Shite I used to make this card:
- Kraft cardstock (Recollections)
- White embossing powder (Recollections)
- Versamark ink
- Stamp set (not sure who made it? was a gift from one of my snarky sisters)
- Kringle & Co design paper (American Crafts)
- Mini ink blending tool (Tim Holtz)
- Frayed Burlap distress ink (Tim Holtz)
- Fishtail / Banner die set (Your Next Stamp)
Check out the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOG for all the details on the challenge and while you are there please show the rest of the crew some crafty lovin!
We'd love you to join us and play along!