Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Shopping Our Stash #293 - All Its Cracked Up To Be


Greetings friends! Thanks for stopping by today to check out the latest SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge.

This week's theme is All Its Cracked Up To Be

We want to see some kind of crackle medium on your project.

Make something look old and distressed you say?? 
I am on it!! 
That's totally my favourite!!

I started with a plain ole kraft tag and ended up with this:


You'd have to look really hard, but there are four different stencils and distress inks on there!

There are also 5 colours of jute string, but they are a bit hard to spot in the picture.

I don't have the patience for things like crackle accents, takes too long to dry. So I created my own crackle effect with a water spritzer, scrunching the paper up, drying it out with the heat gun, spritzing, scrunching and drying a few times over.

The crackle is most clear on the base of the tag, the clock and the three old dudes.

Tags for me are kind of like ATC's, I like to cram a LOT into a small space.

I even hand drew some uneven stitching with a fine tip sharpie, I am kinda pleased with myself on that one!

I did two layers of stamping, one in frayed burlap and then another in black, used two different washi tapes and five different stamps!

To brighten it up a bit I added some silver accents in the clips.

Shite I used to make this card:

  • Kraft tag (Ranger)
  • Kraft cardstock (Recollections)
  • Heat gun (Marvy)
  • Water spritzer (SU)
  • Life's Possibilities stamp sets (Tim Holtz)
  • Frayed Burlap, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron & Wilted Violet distress inks (Tim Holtz)
  • Bubbles, Speckles, Tiles and Clockwork stencils (Tim Holtz)
  • Air Mail washi tape (Tim Holtz)
  • Fine tip sharpie
  • Ruler
  • Jumbo paper clips
  • Arrow clips (SU)
  • Chit Chat stickers (Tim Holtz)
  • Jute string (Tim Holtz)
  • Arrow brad (SU)
  • 1 3/8" circle punch (SU)
Told ya there was a LOT of stuff on that tag!!

As always, we would love for you to play along with us.

Check out all the details on the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOG

While you are there, please share some love with the rest of the crew and our guest designer. 
💜💙💚💛💗

7 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super job of "faking" it lol, great faux technique and awesome tag!!!

Mimi said...

Very cool... I loved reading the numbers (stamps, tapes, jute... you loaded this up!) I love that! Aged to perfection and quite an awesome piece of art!

Chris Dring said...

Holy crow! This fantastic tag is just LOADED up with all kinds of fabulous goodness! Love the crackle technique you did!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh WOW!! what a fantastic tag!!! Love all the little details on it, amazing way to arrange all of them in such a small space.
And your faux crackle technique looks awesome, what a clever way to "crackle" your tag.
Fabulous project.
Hugs,
Maria.

Wendy L said...

Wonderful tag, so much work, xxx

Lindsey said...

This is one awesome, classy, distressed tag!

lauren bergold said...

yowza! and wowza! and maybe another YOWZA! :)