Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Shopping Our Stash #410 - Happy Holidays!







Greetings & salutations crafty friends!

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from the crew at Shopping Our Stash!

This will be our last challenge for 2019 and we are celebrating the holidays!

That means we want you to show us what you are celebrating this time of year.

For our design team, this time of year is particularly impactful for us as we remember with love two members of our crew, Leslie, who passed on December 25, 2015 and Jessi who passed on December 27, 2018. We love and miss ya ladies...you are always and forever in our hearts!

Here's what I made for the challenge, I used ink spritzed with water on a stamping block to make the background, I thought it made a nice frame for the Menorah.

 
 Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Paper Studio)
  • Happy Hanukkah stamp set (Lawn Fawn)
  • Stamping block
  • Broken China distress ink (Tim Holtz)
  • Water spritzer (SU)
  • Versamark ink
  • Black embossing powder (Recollections)
As always, we would love for you to join our crew and play along.
You can find all the details for the challenge on the Shopping Our Stash Blog.

While you are there please share some crafty love and comments with the rest of the crew!

We will be back on Tuesday January 7, 2020 for our first challenge of the new year!

5 comments:

lauren bergold said...

how did you know the first thing i was going to ask was HOW to get that cool background?! i think i have a block with a cool edge like that too! happy happy holidays to you! ♥

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is beautiful, Donna. I never had the chance to know Leslie, but I was only thinking about Jessi yesterday. Jo x

Chana Malkah said...

I love your card, Donna! Your beautiful background is the perfect presentation for the Chanukiah! If that Lawn Fawn set is still available I will have to purchase it!
May you and your family experience the happiest of holidays.

On December 27th, I will light two additional shabbos candles in memory of Jessi and Leslie.

Hugz,
Chana Malkah.

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome background, beautiful card. Thinking about the two of them myself, I found a card that Jessi sent me and it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. I know I'll find the last card Leslie sent me and I will get the same reaction. They were both special.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Donna, that is one awesome background for your beautiful image, I must remember to use this great technique.
I never had the joy to work with either Leslie or Jessie, but I know they were so very special to all of you here at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.