Saturday, March 18, 2017

SoSS #80 - Q is for Queen


All hail Queen Edna!! 
Long live the Queen!!
God save the Queen!!

Our Edna is looking ever so regal for the new SoSS challenge.
That's right friends, Q is for Queen.

I based my project on my most favourite of all queens. 
The Queen of Hearts. 
Specifically Helena Bonham Carter's big headed Queen of Hearts.
I just adore her. 


I adore her so very much that I have THIS in my evil queen collection (yes, I have an evil queen collection...that surprises you???) on a bookshelf in my living room:


Yes...I am THAT nerdy!

OK here's what I made for the challenge. 
I couldn't make her big headed, so I did the next best thing and gave her an oversized crown.


Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Fireworx)
  • Queen of Hearts playing card
  • On Holiday design paper (The Girls Papiere)
  • Black stripe design paper (SU)
  • Scallop border punch (SU)
  • Well Played element stickers (Carta Bella)
  • Sanding block (SU)
  • Mini ink blender tool (Tim Holtz)
  • Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
  • Black and white twine (The Twinery)
  • Computer generated sentiment
As always, we would love for you to adorn your own crown and join the sisterhood.

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG.

While you are there, please also share some crafty loves with my snarky sisters and our guest designer.

6 comments:

ike said...

Hahahaha - you do make me chuckle :-) Lovely card - and the list of sh*te you used cracked me up LoL xxxxxx

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, I wish I'd thought of something as clever for this challenge! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Great idea for a card, I waited too long to make mine and all the good ideas were taken. Love the oversized crown on the queen. nice job.!!!

Pajalu said...

Yay anorther nerdy type peep like me 😎. Love the card and what you are inspired by. Plus your list of..... cracks me up.

Jane Willis said...

Brilliant card, fantastic idea to use the playing card
Jane

Lindsey said...

An evil queen collection... so cool. Also cool is your card... love it!