Thanks for coming by to check out the latest SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge.
Our theme this week is April Fools.
This week the crew wants to see a secret element on your project or you can use a faux technique.
I struggled with an idea for the challenge, whose idea was THIS for a challenge anyway?? Yeah, it was mine...seemed a good idea at the time.
After many hours of pinterest and google searching for an idea I came across this SLIDE CARD TUTORIAL BY JULIE DAVISON
Clearly I don't follow instructions well, the first one I didn't put the slider part in the right place and I punched the tab upside down.
My second attempt was more successful and I came up with this:
And here's what it looks like when the hippo slides up (that's my tricky element):
SHITE I USED TO MAKE THIS CARD:
- White cardstock (Fireworx)
- Year Four syamp set and dies (Lawn Fawn)
- Let's Party design paper (Simple Stories)
- Winter Snowflake design paper (Echo Park)
- Color Vibe "Mustard" design paper (Simple Stories)
- 1" circle punch (SU)
- Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
- Peacock Feathers, Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry & Mustard Seed distress inks (Tim Holtz)
As always, we'd love for you to play along with us. Visit the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOG for all the details on the challenge and while you are there please share some crafty lovin' with the rest of the crew.