Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Warm Fuzzies Clear It Out Challenge

Two lovely friends of mine, BARB and LYNN (visit their blogs by clicking on their names) are on the design team for the CLEAR IT OUT CHALLENGE BLOG.
The goal of the challenges are to use items in your craft stash...well there's a novel idea...actually USE some of the stuff I already have????

This week's challenge is Warm Fuzzies...as soon as I read that I thought, ooooohhhhh that red and white flocked damask design paper I have somewhere would be good for this challenge...it feels like velvet...hmmmmm....now what to use with it???

Some of my crafty goals for 2013 include using what's already in my stash, to try and use colour combinations that I don't always use (cherry cobbler / early espresso / old olive) and to try and make different sizes and layouts of cards than my usual layered 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card.

So here's what I came up with for this challenge..a 6x6" card with wonky offset layers. Everything I used for the card is from my stash...some (like the damask paper) has been there for quite a while. The stamp set is relatively new, but this is the first time it's seen ink.


What's in it:
Cardstock - Whisper White & Basic Black (SU)
Flocked Damask Design Paper (SU)
Black Striped Ribbon (SU)
Ink - Black Staz-On
Sentiment - Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chit Chat Stickers
Image - Tim Holtz / Stampers Anonymous "Steampunk"

Thanks for lookin!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a gorgeous card Donna! I love that paper and that image.

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card Donna, love the sketch fabulous way to show off your image. Thanks for joining us at Clear it Out this week for the "warm and fuzzie" challenge.

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for playing along at "Clear it out".Your work is fabulous and Happy New Year to you as well...hope to see you join us in our challenges again in the 23013 year <((>< Lynn

Muffins and Lace said...

Thank you for playing along with Clear It Out. What a beautiful card.

Sandy Trefger said...

Love this! Your wonky, offset layers are perfect as is that paper! Thanks for sharing it with us at Clear it Out!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

I love your "warm & fuzzy" card, Donna! I'm glad we could inspire you to use up your crafting stash (something we all have a TON of...lol). That flocked paper goes beautifully with your great image.
We hope to see you often.
Huggies & Sweet Blessings for a Happy New Year ~
Sharron♥

Laura W said...

Love the damask papers you used. The image is great too! Thanks for joining us at the Clear it Out Challenge :)

Corrinne said...

Fantastic creation! Thank you for sharing this at Clear It Out Challenges :)

I invite you to join me at the new challenge here: http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com/

Lots of joy,
Corrinne

stamp-color-and create said...

Great job! Thanks for playing at the Clear It Out Challenge blog.

Scrappy Katrina Lee said...

I just love the Black, White and Red on this!! Thanks for taking the Clear It Out Challenge!!

Scrappy Katrina Lee said...

I just love the Black White and Red color scheme...And those Gentlemen Ohh La La!!
Thanks for sharing with us at the Clear It Out Challenge Blog!!