Saturday, January 12, 2013

Getting caught up...

I spent this morning cracking into my January card kit and getting caught up on some challenges at Scraptures (three in one morning!! look at me go!!!).

The first card is a twisted easel card for Christa's wild card Wednesday challenge for January 2. Everything I used was from the Scraptures January card kit. Here's the card from the front:


And here's what it looks like open:


Aren't those penguins just the cutest thing?? My cousin Sarah is getting married in February at a resort close to Peterborough and the theme of their wedding is "Winter Wonderland." I think this card will make a perfect wedding card for her and her new hubby!

This next card is for Christa's wild card Wednesday challenge for January 9. The challenge was to use acetate on a card. I started with 1/2 a sheet of acetate transparency...and again, everything else was from the Scraptures January card kit.


This last card is for Chelle's Finally Friday challenge from yesterday and the challenge was to use the stamp set (Lawn Fawn "Frosties") that came with the January card kit. I followed Chelle's card pretty closely, using the same DP as the card base (I never ever do that!!!) and used Island Indigo, Taken with Teal (SU) and Grey Wool (CTMH) for the snowflakes...such a cute card...and it was REALLY fast to make!


Thanks for lookin!!

2 comments:

Lynn's Place said...

HOOT Hoot... penguins... snowlflake what an awesome array of fab cards...tfs

Barbara Godden said...

all of them are so nice, I love the penguins. Blue & White you could enter them in Sandy's first Challenge (she is a CIO DT) http://sandyscraftycreations.blogspot.ca/