Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Shopping Our Stash #376 - Pink is the New Orange


Greetings friends!

Thanks for visiting to check out the newest challenge from the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH.

This week Mimi is our host, and she has chosen "Pink is the New Orange" as our challenge theme.

You can use primarily pink, or primarily orange, or you can live dangerously and use both together!!

Remember, October is breast cancer awareness month, so we'd really like to see some {{GAH!!}} pink in there!!

I went the dangerous route and am overwhelmingly pleased with myself at how my card came out!
Who knew pink and orange worked so awesomely together?? 
Well I guess Mimi did!!!

I blame Chris for my new smooshing addiction, yep, that is ANOTHER smooshed background using Carved Pumpkin and Picked Raspberry distress inks.

Once I made the background piece, I ran it through the cuttlebug in the Halloween Words embossing folder, then rubbed the whole thing down with black ink. Sweet right???? 


Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Fireworx)
  • Pixie Pink cardstock (SU)
  • Picked Raspberry & Carved Pumpkin distress inks (Tim Holtz)
  • Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
  • Halloween Words texture fades embossing folder (Tim Holtz)
  • Pumpkin punch (Martha Stewart)
  • Acetate
  • Water spritzer (SU)
As always, we would love for you to join our crew and play along!

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOG.

While you are there, please share some crafty love and comments for the rest of the crew!

5 comments:

Chris Dring said...

I freaking LOVE this card!! And OMG! I thought the background was stamped, but no, you go all supernova and inked the embossed image! You win!

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, love smooshing too. great background and awesome pink pumpkins.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Donna, what an awesome card, I was trying to figure out how you did this panel before I read your post, at first I thought you used a stencil and paste, ha!!! you fooled me.
Awesome smooshing, I too keep loving this technique more and more.
Fab card.
XO

Mimi said...

Dude, so cool! I love the way you inked the raised parts. I thought maybe you did that technique where you ink the embossing folder. I've only done it once. But I never use embossing folders enough! This one is RAD. Love your card. Colors are just perfect for Halloween-time, but I think these would be beautiful year-round!

Lindsey said...

Oh! Oh! I own this ef and rarely know what to do with it! I feel a CASE coming on... :)