Saturday, May 19, 2018

SoSS #110 - I is for Inky


Buckle up friends, things are about to get messy!!

Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers are comin' at ya with I is for Inky.

Break out yer sprays, ink pads, markers...whatever ya got...just make sure it's super inky!!

My card is a two-fer, I needed a birthday card for this handsome fella:


(me on the left and me old pot & pan on the right)

AND I got to get messy and inky...which for me is always SUPER fun.

I wanted the card to have a roughed up, kind of old, vintage-y look to it...which should be noted is no correlation at ALL to me old pot & pan (he he)

The stitches I drew on were bugging me to no end (too bright) so I scratched at them with a paper piercer and then sanded them to fade them out...ahhhhhh...much better!!



Shite I used to make this card:

  • White card stock (Fireworx)
  • London Sights stamp set (Tim Holtz)
  • Alphabet stamp set (Studio G)
  • Burlap stencil (Tim Holtz)
  • Smoky Slate ink (SU)
  • Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
  • Barn Door & Faded Jeans distress markers (Tim Holtz)
  • Mini ink blender tool (Tim Holtz)
  • Paper piercer & mat (SU)
  • Sanding block (SU)
As always, we would love for you to join the sisterhood and play along.

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG

While you are there please share some crafty loves and comments with our reigning queen and the rest of the sisterhood!

7 comments:

Chris Dring said...

I can't love this card enough! So cool! Glad you explained how you got those grungy stitches, because I was wondering. LOL!

Jane Willis said...

Did you realise it was Royal Wedding Day when you planned this card for today? Because it just couldn't be more right for today! Perfect.

Barbara Godden said...

My thoughts too Jane, I'm watching the wedding and up pops this awesome card. fabulous background and perfect image.

Lindsey said...

This is so good. I love the vintage distressed look of this, and you used the burlap stencil way better than I ever have! :P Awesome card, sistah!

Wendy Bellino said...

OM gosh this is such a great masculine card, I bet your handsome fella loved it! I haven't watched the royal wedding, but all this publicity is making me want to. Thanks for sharing your art!

Mimi said...

I saw this on Insta and initially, I was like, "Oh, perfect timing with the new royal and all..." (the ceremony of which I binge-watched last night on Youtube...), but reading the post and seeing that you scratched at the bold stitching... OMG, aren't you so glad you did that? What a cool effect!!! Terrific card, my friend. Thank you for having me at SOSS. Always love being a part of your crew (beyond SOSS... I already love you...)

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, this is a real showstopper, Jo x