I created a textured background using Black Soot distress ink and a paper towel.
Once my tag was painted and stenciled, I covered the entire tag with the distress stain. Then (using a piece of paper towel bigger than the tag) I pressed down on the tag to pull up the excess distress ink and in the process got a really cool textured design in the background!
You may have to zoom in on the picture to see the paper towel design.
SHITE I USED TO MAKE THIS TAG:
- Manilla craft tag (Ranger)
- Woodgrain stencil (Tim Holtz)
- Broken China and Frayed Burlap distress paints (Tim Holtz)
- Black Soot and Gathered Twigs distress stains (Tim Holtz)
- Water spritzer (Tim Holtz)
- Paper towel
- Thrift Shop ephemera pack (Tim Holtz)
- Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
- Mini ink blender tool (Tim Holtz)
- Big Chat stickers (Tim Holtz)
- Jute string (Tim Holtz)
Check out the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOG for all the details on the challenge. While you are there please share some crafty lovin' with the rest of the crew.
As always we would love for you to play along with us!!