Saturday, October 31, 2015

SoSS #46 - K is for Kitties


Welcome back to the sisterhood snarky pals! This week Edna and the sisters (I say in honour of Halloween...but who really knows) are favouring the familiar of all good witches...the kitty!

I had one {{and only one}} idea for this challenge. So I made my card early and uploaded it to our design team group (so unlike me) before any of my snarky sisters could steal my idea LOL

Luckily I also have one {{and only one}} kitty stamp.

The contrasting zig zagging design papers are meant to mesmerize you into a peaceful sleep mode, just like soft kitty.

If you are not familiar with soft kitty, here is a link for you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds2VWVR97J0

And here's what I made for the challenge:



Yes, there is a LOT of fussy cutting on that kitty...teeny tiny little ears, eyes, stripes and paws...and how could I made a kitty without a teeny tiny pink nose???

Shite I used to make this card:

  • White & pink cardstock (Recollections)
  • Color Vibe Bolds - Black design paper (Simple Stories)
  • Orange Strands design paper (Bella Blvd)
  • Chubby Chums stamp set (paper smooches)
  • Computer generated sentiment
Visit the SoSS BLOG for all the details on the challenge.

While you are there check out the blogs of our Guest Designer Leslie and the rest of the sisterhood.

If you'd like to join in all the kitty-tastic fun, you have until 11:55 EST on Friday November the 13th (FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!!) to upload your project to the SoSS BLOG.

Maybe YOU will be our next Queen or Princess of Snark!

Thanks to SISTER BARB for telling us about the Cat Lovers Hop over at Her Peaceful Garden



I am also linking my kitty card up for the hop!

17 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

How is it possible you own only ONE kitty stamp?!?!?! That's just un-American. Um, un-Canadian? Heck, un-North American.

Moving on ... if you only have one image, that's the one to have. Love your sentiment, too.

Lynne Mizera said...

Oh WOW Sistaaah! You ROCKED this one... and what a great idea- You were absolutely smart to get it in early! I too only have ONE kitty stamp... Who knew we were so much alike? LOVE IT! (hugs)

Barbara Godden said...

How mnay doggie stamps do you have lol? some of us are more kittie oriented. any hoo awesomely dizzying card. love, love love the sentiment, wish I had thought of it.

Tami said...

Hey you made me start singing. Love it!! Here from the cat hop

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh, I just love this fabulous card. LOVE the sentiment jingle - it's fabulous!

Jane Willis said...

Fab card, that background sends your eyes all gozzy. But how can you only own ONE kitty stamp? I thought they were mandatory!
Jane

KT Fit Kitty said...

I'm visiting from the Cat Lovers Hop! I'm glad you had one kitty stamp! I have a gazillion of them - I collect them - I am a cat fanatic! I am also a fan of Big Bang Theory so I love your fun sentiment! Adorable card - love the background too!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

You should have more kitties! Your card is deceptively simple; I can't believe you did all that fussy cutting. Your card still makes me dizzy

Karenladd said...

I love that Chubby Chums cat image and the background certainly does almost hypnotize me! So fun and adorable!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card thanks for sharing!!!

Lindsey said...

One cat stamp??? You are definitely a dog person. :D That is a lot of fussy cutting — well done! Love this card.

ike said...

That is fantastic !! I really adore that little kitty stamp :-D Super how he stands out against your b/w background :-D

Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

D.Ann C said...

Fabulous BBT Soft Kitty card! I just saw a cute meme with the cat singing Soft Human... too funny! That cat is adorable and I love the hypnotic chevronzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Janis said...

I am sooooooooo delighted that so many of the Sisters linked up with the Cat Lovers Hop. I was so busy getting my own cards blogged that I didn't even realize there was another cat challenge around. I had posted about the Furry Friends challenge at Double Click Skittles. I would have posted about the Snarky one, too, if I had seen it soon enough. Next year I think I will try to coordinate with some challenge blogs this way ahead of time!

I am in awe of your fussy cutting on this terrific card. That technique makes my head spin enough as it is, even without all the zigzags in your trippy background. :) Love that absolutely spherical cat!!!
Thanks so much for joining us by linking up at the Cat Lovers Hop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Tuesday is the last day to comment for great prizes on the Cat Lovers Hop at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com!!!!

karen h said...

Love that song (and show)! I also love the way you lined up the sentiment along the edge!

Dawn said...

I love your card & I love that song!
I also love how you managed to make your card look CAS but I can see all the great work that has gone into it!
Awesome!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Janice said...

Super kitty card Donna - you did well cutting all those small bits! Thanks for visiting my blog, Jx