Can you believe it's the middle of August?? As you read this post I will be on vacation with my family in beautiful Prince Edward Island....ahhhhhh....hooray for summer vacation!!
The SHOPPING OUR STASH crew however, we don't take vacations!
We are dedicated to bringing you an exciting new challenge each and every week!! Thank heavens for being able to schedule posts into the future!!
This week the SOS crew would like you to Layer It On Me!
We want to see LOTS of layers on your projects.
***sigh*** layers are a challenge for me...everyone else makes them look awesome, mine always look lame...so I sought some professional help in the way of a sketch to start with...I chose this one from Studio Calico
And here's the many layered card I made based on the sketch:
Two things on this card I never ever do...one - layers, that's WAY more layers than I usually use (but I kinda LOVE it!!!)...two - I used design paper as my card base instead of cardstock...(again, kinda LOVING it!!!)
Shite I used to make this card:
- Plum, Pistachio Nut and Kraft cardstock (for the circles - Bazzill)
- Enchanted Garden design paper (Bo Bunny)
- #hashtags stamp set (Tim Holtz)
- Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
- Fishtail & Banner die set (Your Next Stamp)
- 2" circle punch (Marvy)
- 1 3/4" and 1 1/4" circle punches (SU)
- Sanding block (SU)
- Frayed Burlap distress ink & mini ink blending tool (Tim Holtz)
While you are there show the rest of the SOS crew some crafty lovin!!
We'd love for you to play along with us! Let's see your layers!!