Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Cadet de Jong - YOU ROCK!

If you are looking for my Shopping Our Stash "Make a Spectacle of Yourself" post, please click HERE

If you are looking for my Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers "U is for Ugly" post, please click HERE

Not usual for me to post on a Wednesday, I know...wanted to share with you real quick a cute dude card I made for my wee Army Cadet who will be graduating from CTC Blackdown 2 week General Training course tomorrow.

I couldn't be more proud - other than he could have called home more than once in two weeks....sheesh!!

Nonetheless, he graduates tomorrow and will be home on Friday morning, so I wanted to make him a "You Rock!" card that he'll get (hopefully) tomorrow if Dad and Grandpa can find him in a crowd of 2000 cadets!!

Sending out a super proud shout out to all the 1626 West Niagara Army Cadets who spent time at camp this summer! You all rock and are indeed #canadasfinest



Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Fireworx)
  • Skull design paper (SU)
  • Just Jawing stamp set (SU)
  • Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
  • Mini ink blending tool (Tim Holtz)
  • Fishtail / Banner die set (Your Next Stamp)
  • Foam squares to pop up a few of the skulls for a 3-D effect
Here are a few pictures of his departure for camp on August 2...ya...I am THAT mum!



2 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, great pictures of the cadet. you must be proud of him.

Chris Dring said...

Great pics, great card, and I'm sure you're thrilled to have the boy back!