Saturday, October 4, 2014

Just Us Girls 261 - Word Challenge - CELEBRATE

Looking for my SoSS "I is for Iconic" post??? Please click HERE

Today is world card making day!!! Hoooray!!! Something else to celebrate - my super awesome crafty friend CHRIS is one of the new design team members at JUST US GIRLS CHALLENGE

I thought I would make a card for world card making day and enter it at Just Us Girls for their word challenge. The word to use on your project is CELEBRATE.

I had an extra card base cut and folded from my Shopping Our Stash card from last week and thought it would make a fab birthday card for the JUGS challenge.


Like the other card I made the base is 9" x 4.25" scored at 2.5", 3.5", 5.5" and 6.5". 

I am a super frugal crafter...you know that piece of paper that comes with a kit of paper that shows you little samples of what each piece of the paper is in the kit? I always cut those up and use them on the card...that's what I've used as background here on the three panels...yep I am a cheapie and I detest wasting stuff lol

Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Recollections)
  • It's a Celebration Collection Kit (Carta Bella)
  • It's a Celebration Element Stickers (Carta Bella)
  • White twine (The Twinery)
I'm entering this card in the Just Us Girls 261 - Word Challenge - CELEBRATE

7 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Well, I love it! So many wonderful things to look at, and all of that great color! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, love that fold. must try it.

Lindsey said...

Wait, doesn't everyone save those kit samples? :D This is so very celebratory, Donna! Totally fun.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome celebratory card!! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

Chris Dring said...

OMG! Thank you for the shout out Sistah!! You're the best! MUAH!
I can't love this card enough - you've done yet another amazing job with the Fancy Fred Fold card! And WTG using the cover page from this collection! Awesome possum!
(adding official stuff here: Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!)

Jessi Fogan said...

This fold is just plain awesome. And me too I use those sheets! This card just SCREAMS celebrate!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love the party that is going on on this card! So much fun and celebration going on. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!