Thursday, May 9, 2013

Scraptures May Card Kit

I am so in love with the SCRAPTURES card kit for May! It features "Steampunk" papers and accessories from Hot Off The Press...seriously, if you like steampunk you need to get this card kit!!

I have been working on a few projects with the kit so far, the papers are lovely dark colours and patterns, very masculine...perfect for a certain father in law's birthday card and present...and maybe even some father's day cards to come...we'll see...

So here's what I've made so far....one of Chelle's Wild Card Wednesday challenges for this month was to make an altered item with the card kit...so I made a picture frame for my father in laws birthday. How perfect was it that I got a great picture of him and his two brothers this past weekend when we celebrated his birthday!

 

I used the paper from the steampunk paper pack to cover the frame, added some dazzles steam punk stickers (both from Hot Off the Press), added some bling to the stickers and used Tim Holtz alpha tiles to spell out "family" at the bottom.

Here's the card that goes with the frame, using the same paper, stickers and alpha tiles


On the card I also used some Tim Holtz craft core paper (the red that was sanded, embossed and torn as well as the yellow behind the stopwatch).

I also used the Darice Steampunk Gears embossing folder on the top layer of torn paper...too cool huh?

1 comment:

Jessi Fogan said...

That frame is awesome! And those kind of pictures are the ones that are so hard to get (but are treasured the most in the long run) so awesome that you got them to do it!
I really love the embossing on the card - it's been ages since I played with Coredinations....hmmm.... :D