Saturday, October 6, 2012

Drunken Stampers Challenge 100 - Think Pink






Welcome to challenge #100!!! This week's challenge is "Think Pink" - your challenge is to use pink somewhere on your card for breast cancer month.

Be sure to check out the Drunken Stampers Blog for all the details on this challenge and to see what the rest of Team Flirtini came up with this week.

I made two versions of this card in variations of pink. The first one, I haven't used my new cardstock or ink yet in the new SU in colours Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple. And I added what I like to call the "Jen Hoover" flower...which is 8 scallops punched out from an old thesaurus, spritzed, wrinkled, inked then layered with a brad in the centre.


What's in it:
Cardstock - Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple & Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink - Primrose Petals (SU)
Sentiment - Favourite Thoughts (SU)
Vintage Wheel (SU)
Paper piercer & mat (SU)
Silver brad (Michael's) 

Then I made another version of the card in more traditional pinks:
 
 What's in it:
Cardstock - Blushing Bride, Pink Passion & Very Vanilla (SU)
Ink - Pink Passion (SU)
Sentiment - Favourite Thoughts (SU)
Vintage Wheel (SU)
Paper piercer & mat (SU)
Five petal flower punch (SU)
Pink corduroy  button (SU)

So, let's see ya get yer Pink on and see what you come up with for this week's challenge!
 
Thanks for lookin!!

4 comments:

Donna said...

On that first card I would like you all to admire how near exactly that wheel pattern lines up, I just noticed it now and would like you to think that I did that through painstaking effort...but I would be lying to you...it was completely accidental...but kinda impressive :)

Elizabeth Cooper said...

These are both so pretty and elegant! I love the different shades of pink you used.

Katie Skiff said...

These are both beautiful. I love that sentiment, and it's perfect for Breast Cancer fighters!!

Ellis said...

Beautiful pink cards you made! =)
Hugs, Elenor