Saturday, January 22, 2022

SoSS #202 - G is for Gel Printing


Greetings and salutations snarky pals! Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Looks like Edna has been busy with her gel press and she'd like you to do the same!

I love the messiness of gel printing, that you can keep adding different layers and colours and you never know how it's going to come out.

I knew I wanted to make a snarky Valentine card and I knew I wanted to use a scrap piece of bubble wrap - that's as much of a plan as I had.

The hearts were punched from the scrap piece of printer paper that I use to roll off the extra paint from the brayer, I thought they had cool little designs in them.

I also used scraps from what I trimmed from the journal page as strips to give it a bit more dimension and break up the colours a bit.

I used small alphabet stamps to make the sentiment (also on scraps from the journal page).


Shite I used to make this card:
  • White cardstock (Recollections)
  • Journal page (SU)
  • Printer paper
  • Gel plate (Gel Press)
  • Brayer (Speedball)
  • Red, gold and white acrylic paints (DecoArt)
  • Scrap of bubble wrap
  • Large and small heart punches (SU)
  • Fine tip Sharpie
  • Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
  • Alphabet stamps (Studio G)
As always we would love for you to join the sisterhood and play along.

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG.

While you are there please share some crafty love and comments with our reigning Queen of Snark and the rest of the sisterhood!

5 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

I've not tried paints (I think they are at the cottage) Great background you made and love the pattern on the hearts, great sentiment. fab. card.

Lindsey said...

Love how you used all of your print - even the brayer cleaning pices! Great colours and design, and a delightful sentiment.

JulieP said...

Fabulous!!!! Love the black outlines and someday I'm gonna use this fabulous sentiment!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Awesome background and the sentiment for a Valentine card just rocks.

Tee said...

Love this mixed media card, fantastic! And a perfect fun and snarky sentiment!!