Saturday, February 20, 2021

SoSS #179 - Q is for Queen

 


Greetings and salutations snarky pals!

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

As you can see, Edna is channeling her inner Freddie Mercury, I think she must be singing Fat Bottom Girls, which is a personal fave of mine!

Here's what I made for the challenge - I guess you would call it a mixed media coaster??

I am obsessed at the moment with wax seals and since the coaster already had crowns in the sentiment and design paper, I went with a rose. I used a gold metallic marker on the wax to highlight the flower in the centre and some of the outer circle.

The metal tag - was a gift from me old pot and pan. In his business he and my brother used to install seats in stadiums, theatres etc. so I have literally hundreds of metal tags with letters and numbers on them!


I started by covering the coaster base with design paper. 
Then I inked up the embossing folder with Frayed Burlap ink and ran it through the cuttlebug.
Next came the faux stitching around the edges, added the rose, the D, the sentiment and the bling.
Easy peasy lemon squeasy!

Shite I used to make this coaster:
  • Cardboard coaster base
  • Royal Charm design paper (Pink Paislee)
  • Union Jack embossing folder (Tim Holtz)
  • Frayed Burlap distress ink (Tim Holtz)
  • Mini ink blender (Tim Holtz)
  • Paper piercer and mat (SU)
  • Walnut Stain distress marker (Tim Holtz)
  • Wax seal
  • Gold metallic marker (SU)
  • Gold cardstock (Recollections)
  • Metal tag (me old pot and pan)
  • Pearl stickers (Recollections)
Always amazes me how you use so MUCH stuff on such a small project!

As always, we would love for you to join the sisterhood and play along!

You can find all the details on the SoSS BLOG.

While you are there, please share some crafty love and comments with our reigning Queen of Snark and the rest of the sisterhood!

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Superb! I thought I was nap queen... Jo x

Helen said...

LOVE that wax seal! And your coaster is amazing oh Queen Donna! LOVE it! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome coaster, love all of it, super use of the D tag and love the wax seal (I had one on my envie) I thought I was nap queen too I slept through the last 20 laps of Nascar last week.(it was past my bedtime)

Chris Dring said...

Mixed Media = everything but the kitchen sink. LOL!
Your upcycled coaster is amazing! Love all the layers and bling you added, especially that wax seal! So cool!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Nap Queen... love it.

Lindsey said...

This is so great in so many ways! I think having theatre seat tags is so fun! Everything you used on this works so perfectly together, love it.

JulieP said...

So many awesome little tidbits on this!!! I did have Radio GaGa streaming in my head but now the tune has changed. ROFL!