Monday, April 6, 2020

Happy Little Stampers - April 2020 ATC Challenge - Make Your Own Background


Greetings & salutations crafty friends!

Hope all is safe and well in your corner of the world.

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest ATC challenge from the team at HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS!

Our theme for the month of April is to make your own background.

I had a lot of fun with this one!

I started with a page from an old thesaurus, you can't see it in the finished ATC, but the page I chose was Adversity. I thought it was fitting for where we are at in the world right now, same for the FOCUS ON THE GOOD sentiment sticker.

I inked up the thesaurus page with spritzed distress inks, dried it with the heat gun, added a layer of vellum and ran the whole thing through the cuttlebug in the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

Lastly I inked up the edges of the ATC with Peacock Feathers distress ink for a pop of colour.


Shite I used to make this ATC:
  • Cardboard ATC base
  • Thesaurus page
  • Vellum (Recollections)
  • Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Peacock Feathers distress inks (Tim Holtz)
  • Water spritzer (SU)
  • Swiss Dots embossing folder (Provo Craft)
  • I AM - Bits & Pieces (Simple Stories)
  • I AM - Combo Cardstock Stickers (Simple Stories)
  • I AM - Foam Stickers
As always we would love for you to take up the challenge and play along.

You can find all the details on the HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS BLOG.

While you are there, please share some love & comments with the rest of the ATC team.

Stay safe & be well!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Look, you took adversity and turned it into something beautiful! <3

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome background and love the colours, great focal point too. and the sentiment is perfect. Fabby job.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So appropriate with the stay-at-home situation now ��