Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Shopping Our Stash #244 - Cuckoo for You

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from SHOPPING OUR STASH

This week's challenge is hosted by CHANA and the theme is Cuckoo for You. This week we want to see clocks (stamps, paper, dies) on your project.

My project was inspired by Tim Holtz Tags of 2013 - August. Why not recreate it in March 2016 right??

Here's my tag:


I started with a manilla tag and made the background with pumice stone distress stain, spritzed with water. 

Once that was dry I coloured the Union Jack stamp with Barn Door and Faded Jeans distress markers and stamped it in the centre of the tag. Then I just went to town layering all the other images, including Big Ben on the left edge of the tag.

SHITE I USED TO MAKE THIS TAG:

  • Manilla craft tag (Ranger)
  • Pumice Stone distress stain (Tim Holtz)
  • Faded Jeans and Barn Door distress markers (Tim Holtz)
  • Faded Jeans distress ink (Tim Holtz)
  • Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
  • London Sights stamp set (Tim Holtz)
  • The Journey stamp set (Tim Holtz)
  • Steampunk stamp set (Tim Holtz)
  • Collections from the Journey stamp (7 Gypsies)
  • Mini ink blender tool (Tim Holtz)
  • Jute string (Tim Holtz)
  • Sentiment from "Authentic Memories" burlap kit (Tim Holtz)
As always we would love you to play along with us. All the details for the challenge are on the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOGWhile you are there please share some crafty love with the rest of the design team.

4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

tim tags are ALWAYS a great idea!!! well done!

Barbara Godden said...

Wow love your tag!!! fabulous job, I keep trying to get to his tags of the month but it never happens. of course guess what song I'm humming LOL.

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! Very Tim-esque! What a fab tag!

Chana Malkah said...

I love that particular sentiment! Great tag and very nicely executed! I made the January tag. Maybe I will get caught up!