Having to make one usually means someone I know and care for has lost someone dear to them.
I never know what to write inside sympathy cards that doesn't sound just awful.
This past week one of my co-workers lost her mom.
I wanted her to know that we were thinking of her.
This is what I came up with:
What I used to make this card:
- White cardstock (Fireworx)
- Woodlands embossing folder (SU)
- Lovely as a Tree stamp set (SU)
- Sentiment Sampler stamp set (Paper Smooches)
- Weathered Wood, Frayed Burlap and Mowed Lawn distress inks (Tim Holtz)
- Fishtail / Banner die set (Your Next Stamp)
- Mini ink blender tool (Tim Holtz)
I used this tutorial as a basis for my card, I like the effect of stamping right on the embossing folder to get the green trees in the background.