Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Shopping Our Stash ~ Challenge #160 ~ I Just Can't Put It Down


This week's SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge is "I Just Can't Put It Down" ...yes you can sing that to the tune of "I just can't get enough" by Depeche Mode...trust me, I have been all afternoon...and you are welcome for that earworm!!

Back to the challenge...we want you to use something on your project that you are using ALOT recently.

For me this was an easy one...washi  tape and bling, it's like Frank's hot sauce, I put that shite on everything. I blame my current washi obsession on LESLIE as she makes such awesome washi cards I just can't resist (OK that and I have a whole basket full of washi tape!!)

My two favourite Josh's have birthdays in August, I have a hard time making cards for dudes in their 20's...do they even want cards??? I figure I can't go wrong with skulls and a kinda snarky sentiment right???

Anyway, here's what I came up with for the challenge...the sentiment oval is popped up on a wobbler.



 SUPPLIES:
White and black cardstock (Recollections)
Skull washi tape (SU)
Black Soot distress ink (Tim Holtz)
Graphicat stamp
Oval punch (Marvy)
 Bling strip (Michaels)
Wobbler
Join in the fun on the SOS BLOG and while you are there be sure to show my crafty sisters some lovin!!

10 comments:

lauren bergold said...

you can not possibly go wrong with skulls and sparklies. a fact that this card soooo totally proves! :)

Gail said...

Donnalee you do this so well..washi tape!!..i've yet to try any of this..and love what you did..tfs..loves ya

Bananastamper said...

Love your washi card! The scull is perfect!
Can't get enough of that washi!!!

Lindsey said...

That's an awesome dude card, Donna! I just wish I hadn't looked late in the evening, that song will be in my brain all night now! :P

Unknown said...

I Just Can't Get Enough--I Just Can't Get Enough--And when it rains, you're shining down on me....:) :) You just had to say Depeche Mode, didn't you ;)!!
This is a GREAT card for a 20-something year old man, Donna!! That's right---If it's too loud--you're too old!! Perfect!! Luckily, music is never too loud for me (especially DM!) XOXO-Shari

DonnaMundinger said...

HeeHee! It's never too loud. I'm losing my hearing. (Because I'm OLD! LOL) Are you a Donna Lee too? Or have we had this discussion? I'm losing my memory too. xxD

Lee-Anne said...

Ha...awesome sentiment! Love your use of and addiction to washi:)

Carol L said...

You did good with the washi, and I love that you used tape that we'd ordinarily reach for when it's Halloween time! Perfectly perfect for a young man's birthday card!

Jessi Fogan said...

I LOVE THAT SENTIMENT! teehee :) And if you ever figure out the 'guys in their twenties' thing lmk, ok? And I successfully escaped your intended earworm, but I have the old lady from the Frank's commercial. lol

Leslie Hanna said...

I'm with Jessi on the hot sauce ear worm. I don't know about the music you kids listen to. (GET OFF MY LAWN)

Oh, the skulls. Who knew SU had skully washi tape? And thank you for the shout-out. I take full blame for your love of washi tape. #soproud