Saturday, March 16, 2013

Drunken Stampers Challenge 119 - Grease


Grease is the word....according to KELLIJO mum's the word...and I always thought bird was the word??? What IS the word exactly??? LOL

This week's Drunken Stampers movie inspired challenge is another one of my all time favourite movies GREASE...I think I learned my first swear words from this movie. I remember listening to the record (that's right I said record I am THAT old) over and over again and wishing I could have pink hair like Frenchie...with the attitude of Rizzo

Visit the DRUNKEN STAMPERS BLOG for all the details on this challenge and to show some love to the Midnight Margaritas! Don't forget to link up your card for this challenge using the InLinkz tool. You have until March 22 to do that...you might be our next Life of the Party!!

I found a super cute 50's drive in digi stamp set from DIGITAL DELIGHTS that I thought would be perfect for this challenge, so even thought it's the Midnight Margaritas' challenge week, I couldn't help playing along!!

I wanted the car and drive in screen to look kind of old / vintage so after I coloured them I went over them both with an aqua painter to move the ink around a bit.



SUPPLIES: 
sunflower (Bazzill) & marina mist cardstock (SU), incredible design paper (Pink Paislee Portfolio), blue chevron washi tape, stone twine (the Twinery), grey button (Slimline), basic black, cherry cobbler & marina mist markers (SU), mustard seed & pumice stone distress markers (Tim Holtz), aqua painter

Thanks for lookin!!

 

6 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Great card Donna, once again I'll be singing the bird song all day. I love your idea of the drive-in movie theme it's right on the mark.

Chris Dring said...

Umm, the word for today is a bad word! LOL! Donna, you totally rocked this challenge! Love the drive-in look to your card!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card and loved the trip down memory lane where there were fun places and great music.

Unknown said...

the bird is the word girlie. it can't be mum...impossible ;)

love your card. great retro feel with coloring/painting and a fab layout. awesome design!

Jessi Fogan said...

OK, this is just far too cool, Donna! I love the way you created the drive-in! And the GREASE logo on the screen...and the bird has to be the word. I'm pretty sure Pee-Wee said so.

Anonymous said...

Donna that card is just FUN with the drive in movie theme! Totally rocks girlie!