Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tim Holtz Tags of 2013 - February

Here in Southern Ontario it's a long weekend (woot woot). Later on today tripod (my new nickname for yellow dog #1 as she is STILL only using three legs) and I are heading to Oshawa to see my parents and brother. But before we go, I wanted to share with you my version of Tim Holtz's February tag.  Here is a link to Tim Holtz's blog so you can check out his awesome tag & instrtuctions:
http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2013-february

Here's my attempt at the tag:



I am really trying to use up stuff in my stash...I don't have a stamp that looks like the Queen of hearts, so I used another playing card. I didn't want her to look like she just came out of the pack of cards, so I sanded, distressed and inked her up a bit. I started with a white tag...can you tell by the finished product?? Probably not...

I really liked the cash key that Tim Holtz made for his tag, I tried something similar using some flattened bottle caps I got from GRAPHICAT STAMPS...just happens that the 1" circle punch fits perfectly inside the cap!! YAY!!

Here's a closer look at the cap:


I also liked how Tim Holtz made his ribbon from tape, so I tried that too with some washi tape I got in a SCRAPTURES CARD KIT a few months ago. I swear the hardest part of making this tag was folding the washi tape in half!!! Here's a closer look at my washi tape ribbon:


SUPPLIES:
White tag (Michaels), Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso Ink (SU), washi tape, flattened bottle cap, Cherry Cobbler cardstock (SU), Early Espresso core-dinations cardstock (SU), Cherry Cobbler bakers twine (SU), Early Espresso scalloped tulle ribbon (SU), script ebossing folder, sandpaper, cuttlebug, dimensonals (SU) and Queen of Hearts playing card.

Thanks for lookin!!

No comments: