Saturday, May 19, 2012

Drunken Stampers Challenge #89 - There Can Only Be One

This week's Drunken Stampers challenge is "There Can Only Be One".
Here's a link to the
Drunken Stampers blog for all the details for this one layer card challenge:

http://drunkenstampers.wordpress.com

I don't think I had ever made a one layer card before this challenge....it just seemed 'wrong' to do everything on the card base, not add layers of paper, images, sentiments...but WOW I love the simple elegant impact of one layer cards!!

Sticking with my plan of simple & elegant, I thought I would just use black and white, with a hint of bling...here's what I came up with:


SU scoring tool (to make the 5 line border around the image)
Cardstock - Whisper White (SU)
Stamp set - Treasures (CTMH)
Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black
Bling - Bitty Sparkles (CTMH)

Don't forget to check out the cards made by the rest of the design team...thanks for lookin!!

3 comments:

Terstamper said...

Donna what an awesome card! I love how you made the lines surrounding the flowers. GORGEOUS.

Ter ;)

Elizabeth Cooper said...

This is indeed very elegant! I love the way you scored around the cardstock to create a frame for your image and sentiment. Beautiful!

Gail said...

this is so beautiful donnalee!!..it is elegant, soft, stylish..wow..tfs..loves ya