My mum was complaining on our trip that the bookmark she was using was tearing the edges of her book (its made from wood so I am kinda not surprised!!).
Being super frugal with paper, I didn't follow the original instructions, instead I started with a 5 x 2.5" piece of cardstock, scored in 1/2. Cut half off one of the ends, sealed it shut, added the DP (which was a 2.25" piece cut in 1/2) then added the circles and the "MUM" punched with my new Martha Stewart alphabet punch.
Christa had also made some cute ones that look like monsters with teeth...think I will try those next.
Thanks for lookin'