Sunday, July 25, 2010

Altered Frame

I think vacation has messed with my brain...two nights of the past three I have been awake between 3:30 and 4:00 and haven't been able to get back to bed.
This morning I got up and went to work in my craft room.

I made a mini scrapbook from two coasters (very cool tutorial on SCS - email me for the link if you want it), two card holders (again a tutorial on SCS), 27 (yes 27) Christmas cards (not including the ones I made for the Christmas in July class that I already posted) and THIS...

I have had these little wooden picture frames from IKEA for years, I am sure I bought them with every intention of doing something with them, has been so long I don't even remember...in my lack of sleep creativity this morning I thought to myself, "you should make one of those into an altered frame for the baby invitation for BFF." So I did!! I have never done an altered frame before in my life, but I have to tell ya I am pretty happy with how it came out. I even added a piece of acetate to the front to protect the cardstock...WOW...maybe I am a morning person after all!!! NOT

2 comments:

Yesterday's Tomorrow said...

that frame turned out great Donna! :D and 27 CHRISTMAS cards? {shaking head} you should see a dr. ;)

redmom said...

Donna that turned out awesome! I bet if feels good to use something that's been hanging out in your stash!