Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Look at me go...

I readily admit I buy / hoard more stamping supplies than I actually use.
I tend to buy stuff I don't know how to use, try it, hate it, get frustrated, put it away and forget about it.
A while back I did exactly that with heat and stick powder. Tried it, didn't like it, put it away.
I have also accumulated a great deal of glitter, and for those of you that know me, I don't like glitter, it gets everywhere and I never ever use it on cards, but for some reason I continue to buy it, especially if it's pink or purple.
I also buy a lot of chipboard pieces, bug shapes, frames, snowflakes, you name it...without ever knowing what I am going to use them for.
Tonight I found a GREAT tutorial, that I like to call Heat & Stick for Dummies (me)...I read it once and went "ohhhhhh that's how you do it" tried it and it worked!
If heat and stick powder has been a mystery to you, I would like to share with you this fantastic tutorial...here's the link:

http://indyemmert.blogspot.com/2008/08/heat-stick-powder-tutorial.html

And here is the card I made tonight...using...get this...heat and stick powder...glitter...AND...a chipboard frame!!
Yep, sometimes I amaze myself...can ya tell???


No comments: