Friday, June 26, 2009

ShoeBox Swap - June 15, 2009

June 15, attended a great shoebox swap with my fantabulous SU upline ML. A shoebox swap is where all the participants prepare a sample card, and then bring all the supplies for everyone else to make their card.
Here are some of the cards we made that night:

This gorgeous one was Cynthia's design, it's gorgeous. The black is stazon, the blue and green were sponged overtop and then we went over some of the black with a white gel pen, the end result is just stunning!

This is my version of Amanda's card, I am pretty sure I gave the original away already....anyway this one has design paper that folds over the back of the card as well like the spine of a book. Very manly, I love this stamp set, great for Father's Day! In fact this is the card both my dad received this year :)
This one was fun too, we embossed on the vellum (clear embossing powder) before attaching it to the card, very pretty effect.


This card was Raquel's design - love it! Makes me want to buy this set! Raquel is sooooo well organized that she has made all the little paper piercing templates made in advance. Great use of the SU corduroy buttons here, not sure if you can see them or not but there are also clear flower cutouts on the card.

This one was ML's design. It has a cute clip with ribbon on it, but it was too bulky for scanning so I took it off. This card uses the Animal Stories stamp set from the new SU catalogue and texture plates for the Big Shot. Love the colour combinations!


No comments: