Saturday, July 24, 2021

SoSS #190 - C is for Colourful

 

Greetings and salutations snarky pals!!

Thanks for stopping by to check out the latest challenge from Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

Edna is rocking her best tie dye look for the C is for Colourful challenge.

My colourful card started its life as a scrap journal page that I had used to clean off a stencil. I hate wasting paint, so the baby wipe I used to clean the stencil was then used to smoosh on the cardbase to create most of the background.

Next I added the big burlap background stamp (which would you believe I have never used?????) then the images and sentiment and voila...colourful card.

Umbrella man (as I call him) is my ALL TIME favourite Tim Holtz image...I have two of him, this one slightly smaller than the other.


Shite I used to make this card:
  • Journal page card base (SU)
  • Green, yellow, orange, blue acrylic paints (Artist's Series)
  • Baby wipe
  • Bit of Burlap background stamp (Market Street Stamps)
  • Purely Random stamp set (Tim Holtz)
  • Turquoise Gem chalk ink (Versa Magic)
  • Small Talk Snarky sentiment sticker (Tim Holtz)
As always, we would love for you to join the sisterhood and play along!

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG.

While you are there, please share some crafty love and comments with our reigning Queen of Snark and the rest of the sisterhood.

6 comments:

Helen said...

Fabulous background.. I love smooshing! And that man is one of my faves too! LOVE the card!!! Have a colourful week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, Donna. That background is fabulous and the sentiment is perfection, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

WTG getting messy, love your page a lot of different looks and textures, And the sentiment is just perfect. Although I only have the cat to bother me. (always wants to play)

SmilynStef said...

so glad all of that painty goodness found a 2nd life as this awesome card ... thanks so much for having me join you.

Lindsey said...

That is one awesome, rescued, colourful background. I agree, umbrella man is awesome. And so is the sentiment!

JulieP said...

Waste not, want not. So much lovely (and colorful) texture!